The USO is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the troops by providing morale, welfare and recreation-type services to our men and women in uniform. The original intent of Congress — and enduring style of USO delivery — is to represent the American people by extending a touch of home to the military. The USO currently operates more than 140 centers worldwide, including ten mobile canteens located in the continental United States and overseas. Overseas centers are located in Germany, Italy, the United Arab Emirates, Japan, Qatar, Korea, Afghanistan, Guam and Kuwait. Service members and their families visit USO centers more than 6.9 million times each year. The USO is the way the American public supports the troops.
From bases around the world, our heroes in uniform put their lives on the line every day to protect the freedoms we cherish. Back home, their families deal with the stresses of the uncertainty and risks that their loved ones face every day.
Here are a few ways you can make their lives a little easier:
- Get involved with your local USO Center. Thanks to dedicated volunteers, USO centers operate to provide a place to unwind, to connect to families back home or whatever else is needed to ease the burden. Even if you are not able to volunteer on a regular basis, local USO centers often have programs and events that need your support. Find your local USO Center.
- Check out all the ways to volunteer and learn how you can make a difference.
- Join TEAM USO. TEAM USO is an easy, fast and effective way to organize or participate in an event to raise money for the troops and their families
The USO prescreens and approves all submitted comments. The USO reserves the right to reject comments that contain any of the following:
- vulgar language;
- personal attacks of any kind;
- offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, or religious group;
- spam or links to other sites;
- items that are clearly off topic;
- advocate illegal activity
- promote particular services, products, or political organizations
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- include personal identifiable information that could in any way compromise the safety and security of the military